Quince Orchard Dental Specialists
PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR LATEST COVID-19 UPDATES
In order to ensure the safety of our patients, our team and the community at large during the COVID-19 outbreak, we are adapting the way that we provide orthodontic treatment - WE HAVE VIRTUAL APPOINTMENTS AVAILABLE!
Frequently Asked Questions > How Is Dry Mouth Treated?
If you think your dry mouth is caused by certain medication you are taking, talk to the doctor who prescribed you the medication. He or she may adjust the dose you are taking or switch you to a different drug that doesn’t cause dry mouth.
- An oral rinse to restore mouth moisture may be prescribed. If that doesn’t help a medication that stimulates saliva production may be prescribed.
- Other steps you can take that may help improve saliva flow include:
- Sucking on sugar-free candy or chewing sugar-free gum
- Drinking plenty of water to help keep your mouth moist
- Protecting your teeth by brushing with a fluoride toothpaste, and using a fluoride rinse
- Breathing through your nose, not your mouth, as much as possible
- Using a room vaporizer to add moisture to the bedroom air
- Using an over-the-counter artificial saliva substitute